Effective Solution

For patients with metabolic, nutritional, and related issues

  • “Eat more fruits and vegetables.”
  • “Avoid processed foods.”
  • “Watch your weight.”
  • “Exercise more.”
  • “Eat whole foods.”

The above messages can often leave patients and practitioners feeling frustrated.


Let us help.

Our Approach

Our team takes an integrative and comprehensive approach to nutrition therapy that gets straight to the nutrition-related health problems your patients face.

Programs are directed by credentialed healthcare professionals and address concerns such as:

  • Metabolic Syndrome
  • Diabetes, Pre-Diabetes
  • Heart Disease, Lipid Disorders
  • Morbid Obesity
  • Infertility
  • Celiac Disease
  • Inflammatory Bowel Disease
  • Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis
  • Irritable Bowel Disease
  • Autoimmune Disorders
  • Cancer and sequelae
  • Pre and Post Bariatric Surgery Nutrition Care

The Living Plate approach is unique in that it combines one-to-one dietetic counseling with hands-on instruction in food preparation and cooking. Our practitioners are trained in motivational interviewing, which is the most effective method of guiding patients to changing their behaviors. Patients become empowered to eat healthfully and learn skills to make sustainable health behavior changes.

We empower patients with the knowledge and understanding they need to take responsibility for their own health. Our approach guides patients to their own ‘aha’ moments – all driven by evidence-based nutrition practices.

*We accept most major insurance plans for the medical nutrition therapy aspect of our programming.


Living Plate takes it a step further: Cooking and food preparation

Your patients will also learn how to go home and feed themselves (and their families). Research suggests learning how to prepare appropriate and healthful meals is critical to patients’ long-term success with a diet change.

The cooking instruction is all hands-on, in small classes made of people who are often facing similar diet issues.

Classes emphasize preparation of whole plant-based foods – vegetables, legumes, whole grains, and fruits. Research supports these life-giving foods should make up at least 75% of everyone’s plate – so that is our focus. The other 25%? That’s easy – high-quality proteins simply prepared. It is the foundation of good nutrition.

If you have questions our programming and services, or about partnering to devise nutrition therapies for individual situations, please contact our Director Jeanne Petrucci, MS, RDN at 908-234-1160.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search

Living Plate