Pear Ginger Mint Green Smoothie
The sweetness of a ripe pear goes a long way here – we love it “pear”ed with ginger and mint. The addition of lime juice strikes the perfect balance of sweet and sour. An excellent source of of fiber and vitamin C, pears are also high in flavonoids known to improve insulin sensitivity. Just be sure to leave the skins on as they are particularly nutrient-dense.
Place the following ingredients in your blender and process until smooth.
- 1 pear, ripe, trimmed and chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice [2-3 limes]
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk [or alternative]
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup kale, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract [optional]
For more healthy deliciousness, check out our anti-inflammatory meal plans – FREE trial available now. Go to our Meal Plans tab and start exploring!